Statistics Learning Centre
Statistics Learning Centre provides support for New Zealand students and teachers of Statistics. It covers all NCEA statistics achievement standards and scholarship.
NZ Stats 1, 2 and 3 are designed for NCEA statistics students to use individually and for teachers to use for whole class or small group teaching. Statistics Videos and Resources is designed for teachers, Year 9-13.
NZ Stats 3 covers NCEA Level 3 Statistics. It provides on-line materials to assist students studying the Level 3 (Year 13) statistics standards. Study and learning materials are provided for all of the statistics standards, including extra Scholarship materials.Subscription to NZ Stats 3 offers access to materials for all of the NCEA Level 3 Statistics Standards. This includes videos, notes, step-by-step exercises and learning quizzes for the following standards:
- 3.08 Investigate time series data
- 3.09 Investigate bi-variate measurement data
- 3.10 Use statistical methods to make a formal inference
- 3.11 Conduct an experiment to investigate a situation using experimental design principles
- 3.12 Evaluate statistically based reports
- 3.13 Apply probability concepts in solving problems
- 3.14 Apply probability distributions in solving problems
NZ Stats 2 supports NCEA Level 2 Statistics. It provides on-line materials to assist students studying the Level 2 (Year 12) statistics standards. Study and learning materials for all statistics standards are available.
Subscription to NZ Stats 2 offers access to materials for the NCEA Level 2 Statistics Standards we cover. This includes videos, notes, step-by-step exercises and quizzes for the standards shown below.
- 2.05 Use networks in solving problems (available from the beginning of 2015)
- 2.08 Design a questionnaire
- 2.09 Use statistical methods to make an inference
- 2.10 Conduct an experiment to investigate a situation using statistical methods
- 2.11 Evaluate a statistically based report
- 2.12 Apply probability methods in solving problems
- 2.13 Investigate a situation involving elements of chance using a simulation
NZ Stats 1 supports NCEA Level 1 Statistics. It provides on-line materials to assist students studying the Level 1 (Year 11) statistics standards. Study and learning materials for the four statistics standards will be available.
Subscription to NZ Stats 1 offers access to materials for the NCEA Level 1 Statistics Standards we cover. This includes videos, notes, step-by-step exercises and quizzes for the following standards.
- 1.10 Investigate a given multivariate data set using the statistical enquiry cycle
- 1.11 Investigate bi-variate numerical data using the statistical enquiry cycle
- 1.12 Demonstrate understanding of chance and data
- 1.13 Investigate a situation involving elements of chance
Statistics Videos and Resources is for teachers, providing access to all Statistics Learning Centre videos. The videos are organised into topics and indicate which students the videos are most suitable for.
Discount Deal 2018: All teachers, 100 students just $495.
Discount Deal 2019: 10% early payment discount.
Site licences provide the best student sign-up price. Our teacher-only pricing has changed. Teacher-only access is $110 each or $880 for all teachers at a school.
All paid accounts provide full access for a calendar year.
Sign up deals
Sign-up options are on the right. Details of the courses are above. Schools are encouraged to choose the option that best suits them.
As a small company we are flexible. Email Dr Nic or phone 027 698 7392 to discuss your school's needs.
Enrolling Classes and Teachers
To sign up teachers or students as paid or free-trial accounts use the following spreadsheet: SchoolList.xls
For students provide their name, NCEA level, class and teacher. Email addresses are useful but not required.
For teachers provide their name, email address and, if known, indicate whether they have an existing account. Where teachers have a short code for their classes, please let us know so that we can more easily match up teachers to their classes.
Once the accounts are ready to use we contact teachers individually with their login details and provide a list with student account details.