Creative Maths is excited about the resources we have created and we know you will be too. We create resources and inspiration to empower teachers and learners of mathematics and statistics. Fostering excitement and discovery is what we do best!
Have fun learning mathematics with Creative Math’s Cat cards. Cat cards display multivariate data about individual cats including colour, nature, toys and age. Cat cards provide an enormous range of learning opportunities including rich tasks, physical graph building, and maths games to build fluency. Cat cards are designed for early primary (elementary) school teaching.
Cat cards can be purchased as three products:
- The Cat Pack
- A family game.
- Includes 72 unique blue cat cards, two copies of 12 orange attribute cards, 27 green value cards.
- Cat Maths
- A teaching resource designed for the classroom.
- For teaching New Entrant to Year 3 (New Zealand curriculum levels 1-3)
- Two copies of The Cat Pack and the Cat Maths resource book.
- Family Cat Maths
- A homeschooling resource.
- For teaching 5-8 year olds
- One copy of The Cat Pack and the Cat Maths resource book.
Explore the wonders of mathematics and statistics with Creative Math’s Dragon Cards.
Dragon cards display multivariate data about individual dragons including species, behaviour, strength and height. Dragon cards can be used to investigate relationships. Do green dragons tend to be taller than red dragons? Are female dragons more likely to be dangerous than male dragons?
Dragon cards provide a wide range of learning opportunities including rich tasks and maths games to build fluency. Dragon cards are a versatile teaching tool that can be used in primary (elementary) schools, middle schools
Dragon cards are the basis for two of our products:
- The award winning Dragonistics data cards
- A teaching resource designed for the classroom or home schooling.
- Can be used for teaching Year 3-13 (New Zealand curriculum levels 2-6)
- Includes 240 unique dragon cards and 4 sets of 14 attribute cards.
- The Dragon Games
- A family game that can also be used as a classroom resource. Includes 48 unique dragon cards, 12 attribute cards, 36 connectors and 12 gold medals.
Statistics is surprisingly interesting with Dr Nic. Dr Nic and Creative Maths now have over 50 learning videos in our Statistics Learning Centre series.
The videos are popular and useful. You don’t need to take our work for it, see the volumes of feedback we have received from many satisfied learners.
The videos are used in New Zealand schools, at universities and other tertiary institutions around the world and by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Our YouTube channel receives over a million views each year with 38,000 subscribers by April 2018. That is an excellent reach for a channel dedicated to teaching statistics and mathematics.
We have even more fantastic videos available through our paid Vimeo channels and through our Statistics Learning Centre courses[link] for New Zealand teachers and learners of NCEA Statistics Levels 1-3.